Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Porgress....(17 January 2012)

In this report I will be writing about my progress at college since the last time I wrote about it.

Last time I have written about my progress at college was last year on 8th November 2011. Since then things have changed and now together with the New Year I see things different and I feel different. This ear I have decided to be more focused on my study and try to do some more work at home or in library. I have realised that in order for me to improve my knowledge I have to study outside class and take time each day to do so for each subject that I am taking in this course.

This new year I hope that will be different than the other and that I will make a change by improving my attendance and grades for the assignments given. I believe in myself that from this time on I will make things better and make a change in my life.
The lessons that I was attending last year are the same lessons that I am attending this year at this moment. As already known there were about ten lessons that I was attending at that time. The college has remained the same and the environment is also still the same. Below I will list the lessons that I am talking this year from this moment until July 2012 where the year for the course finishes.
  • Communication and Employability Skills
  • Work skills
  • ITQ
  • CCNA
  • Computer System
  • Website Production
  • IT system Repair and Troubleshooting
  • Event Driven Programming
  • Functional Skills Maths /ESOL
The lessons listed above are the lessons that I am assigned on at this moment for this year in college.

Communication and Employability Skills / Workshop are two lessons that teach us slightly similar things. The purpose of these two lessons is to prepare us for after we finish the course and we go looking for a job. Since the last time this lessons kept on being the same and nothing really changed about them. The rooms that we learn in are the same as before and the teacher also. In this lesson we work by our self most of the time and this is because we have o do a lot of writing. A normal routine of this lesson would be that the teacher would come in the class brief us about the task that we are on and explain in more details about what it talks about and then after we are free to go ahead finishing the task and fallowing the notes we were taking while the teacher was briefing us.

ITQ has remained the same apart from that, at the end of the year before we broke up for Christmas holiday I had to worker harder than any other time to hand my work in, in time. This was a problem for me and I decided that this year I will do everything possible not to be like last time. In the end I was able to work to my last ability and gave everything that I Had to give to complete the first assignment. It was not hard at all but there was a lot to do which is why it took me a lot of time.
With my work handed in I now feel good about myself and that I achieved something good. This lesson is one of the easiest lessons out of all and it is enjoyable as well. Because of this I am sure that I will do better than last year as I will try to do something every day so that I won’t have a lot to do in one or two days.

CCNA has not been going very good for me since the last update on my progress. The reason I say this is because I have been upset from more than 2 lessons and I only have this lesson once in a week which is why it looked so long to me.  I had to be absent from this lesson due to several appointments that I had to attend.  At this moment I am still in the progress of finishing the work that I have to do for this work. I hope and I planned that this year I will do better than the last and the time when I started.  The CCNA lessons I really like and I believe in me that this year I will do better by doing more work in the time that I have out of the class.

Computer System lessons is a lesson that I started to enjoy more and more with the time passing. The different topics that were presented in each lesson as we were marching along towards higher tasks were really interesting and in fact I even downloaded several books that talk about topics including Operating Systems and Computer hardware so that I can read in the time that I have free. This lesson I did not see so excited when I started to attend it but with the time it got better and better and now it is one of the lessons that I really like. By reading books I will be able to improve my knowledge every time a topic is discussed in class.  The task that were given to me in this lesson I have completed in great details I really liked to learn more and more about each topic. I believe that this is the only lesson in which I have completed a task in so much detail and I hope I will continue to do so in the future and also hand in my work in time so that I can get on with something else.

Website production is one of the lessons that again I started to like more than I did before. This lesson did not look so excited to me before but after thinking more about the great things that I can do and achieve after finishing it became enjoyable. In this lesson I have a lot of work to do as I did not put a lot of effort into it before and let it build up. I believe that with the time I will get back on rack and continue this lesson without any stress. Website production is becoming more and more exciting.

IT System Repair and Troubleshooting has been a very interesting lesson since last time I wrote about my progress. The lesson had started to build up on provide us with useful information that we might need to know to repair a computer. The last lesson we had we were looking at communicating effectively when we are called for an IT problem. It’s been good to find out that not only we are thought to repair computer systems but also thought to communicate when we are called and told about a computer problem on phone. It was very interesting to learn that and to see the way in which most customers would answer back.  The subject seems to be getting better and better and I believe that I will pass this subject without any problem. For me to be able to carry on being excited about this course is to keep being excited about it and focus on everything so that I would come out successful.

Event Driven Programming would be a subject that id very close to the logical work done in website production when it comes to writing code. With the time we have moved on and they became much more different than each other then they were before. With web production we moved on onto server sides and hosting companies, however with the programming lesson we kept on going on the same line writing the code and looking at different events.  Programming would be not so enjoyable work but the end of it would be really excited. Not everyone likes standing on a computer looking at codes and writing codes but would prefer looking at the other side of the code the same a HTML in Web Production. For me to make sure that I will do good in this lesson I will have to make sure that I look more on the other side of the code than just at the code and that way I would do things great knowing what I get at the end.

Functional Skills Maths and ESOL have been helping me to increase my knowledge and understanding in what I would not understand before. I hope that in these two lessons I will give everything I have and study more to make sure that I will not fail the exams that I would have to take.  Maths has been going the same from the last time I wrote my progress and English also. All I can say about these two lessons is that in order for me to make sure that I will pass without any problem I will have to revise and focus more on them every time we have the lesson.

I have made a change in improving my skills and focus more from the last time I wrote my progress and I really believe that this year I will really make a difference in every subject. Hoping that there will be no barriers to stop in doing so I will watch out for them and try to avoid them from this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment